Doers and Disruptors Welcome
Our company was founded by doers and disruptors on a mission to make better CBD products that cost less. We’re growing fast and want to partner with individuals who share our principles and commitment to providing access to high quality CBD.
Check out our open roles and reach out to HR@Sunsoil.com with any questions.
Harvest Crew Members
At Sunsoil, our harvest crew members will assist in the process of harvesting hemp in one or both locations: Hardwick and Hyde Park. The crew will be given oversight by Sunsoil management and lead employees. This employment offer is non-exempt, seasonal and full or part time dependent upon the needs of the business as well as applicant’s availability. Harvest will start September and end sometime in October. It is a 7 day per week operation until completion. We pay an hourly rate of $20.00 per hour.
• Collect and carry cut plants to loading trailer
• Hang hemp plants in drying barn
• Removal of dried leaves and buds from stalk
• Package dried hemp into bags
• Daily cleaning - sweeping drying barn floor and removing and consolidating dried hemp branches
• Field maintenance – removing drip lines, remove remaining plants that were left behind at harvest, general field cleanup
• Other duties as assigned
• Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player
• Accountability – showing up to work when scheduled
• Ability to communicate effectively
• An understanding that the needs of the business may shift from day to day resulting in shorter or longer than expected shifts
• Must comply with Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) – valid identification
• Compliance with COVID-19 protocols is mandatory
• Active agricultural site with varying terrain
• Ability to lift 30+ pounds on a regular basis
• Comply with requirements for company provided protective equipment: goggles, gloves and dust masks
• Ability to work on foot for entirety of shift
• Ability to work in inclement weather
• Ability to wear a face covering for the entirety of your shift
• Work can be dirty and may leave you smelling like cannabis at the end of the day
To apply, please email email@example.com, resume preferred but not required.
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will own and champion Sunsoil’s customer acquisition and brand initiatives.
First, this individual will own the strategy and execution for DTC customer acquisition. As such, they should be able to balance the quantitative and qualitative of marketing. This individual will be expected to own budgeting and key marketing metrics, such as customer acquisition cost (CAC) and lifetime value (LTV). While they are not required to be a universal expert, they should have experience across several marketing channels including email/CRM, public relations (PR), search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), social media (Facebook, Instagram), podcast, YouTube, influencers and affiliate marketing. As channels prove viable (or lift restrictions on CBD advertising), this individual will hire agencies and/or team members to act as channel owners.
In addition to customer acquisition, a successful candidate will develop a strategic marketing plan across DTC and retail, while evolving our brand/product experience for the future. They will be expected to not only develop our customer segments, competitive positioning, and brand value proposition—but also champion their consistent use across the organization. The Sunsoil team wants to invest heavily in creating a brand with staying power, and the Director of Marketing will be a key player and day-to-day owner of our brand evolution—working closely with the founders and senior leaders at the company.
This position is based in New York City with some travel to company headquarters in Burlington, VT. To see full job description and to apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.