SECTION 1 – WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. In certain circumstances, we may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Information You Post. We may collect information you post in a public space on our Site, such as on our ratings and reviews feature.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Employment Information. If you apply for a job through our Site, we collect the information you include in your application. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer and your employment history.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Site. We may also collect information when you enter a promotion. This may include photos, videos and other user-generated content that you submit.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Site. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include information about your exact location when you use our Site. For more information about your options related to the collection of your location information, see the Opting Out; Removal of Information section below.
- Aggregate Information: We may collect aggregate information, such as general demographics and Site usage statistics. We do not collect specific demographic information.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
SECTION 2 – HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Purchase products or services through our Site.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Request a sample.
- Join a loyalty, rewards or similar program or club.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or focus groups.
- Use the Ratings and Reviews or related services and features.
- Submit a request to our team.
- Interact with Sunsoil social media pages.
- Apply for a job through our Site.
For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our Site on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Site.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
- We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Site. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Site.
From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Third party sites, including those that allow you to integrate your third-party account with your Sunsoil account.
- Family, friends and others who provide your information to us because they think you may be interested in our products and services or they want to share a product or service with you.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
SECTION 3 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Site, products and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Site terms and conditions.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence. If you apply for a job through our Site, we may use this information to evaluate your application.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other Sites. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Opting Out; Removal of Information section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Site.
- As otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
SECTION 4 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent to retain my information?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind after opting-in, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Sunsoil PO Box 1015, Hardwick, VT, 05843, United States.
SECTION 5 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
SECTION 6 – SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce site that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. For more details, you visit www.shopify.com and review Shopify's Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
In general (please refer to www.shopify.com for completed details):
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 7 – OTHER THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 8 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take commercially reasonable precautions and to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
SECTION 9 - AGE OF CONSENT
Our Platform is intended for adults and not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. If we learn that we have information on a person under the age of 18, we will delete that information from its systems and take appropriate action to deny access to the Site by that person in the future.
SECTION 10 – OPTING OUT; REMOVAL OF INFORMATION
You have options about how and if we use your information.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can contact us as follows:
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at 802-735-0070 (Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern)
Send us a letter at:
PO Box 1015
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
Our Site uses a feature of your browser to set “cookies” on your computer. Cookies are small packets of information sent by the Site through your browser to your computer. These cookies can be deleted or modified through your browser Internet settings. If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser’s settings. You may modify your browser preferences to provide you with choices relating to cookies. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies you may not be able to utilize fully all of the Site’s features and information.
Your browser may give you the ability to control other tracking tools. How you do so depend on the type of tool. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Options you select are browser and device specific.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you, among other things, have the right to:
- Request, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information the we have collected (subject to certain exceptions).
- Request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain exceptions).
To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 802-735-0070 (9am to 5pm EST). Please note that we may request additional information from you in order to verify the propriety of the request.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
Attn: Compliance Officer
PO Box 1015